My name is Alyssa, and I am the artist and owner of Beaute Studio Brows here in Round Rock Texas. I take it you are visiting my page for information regarding microblading, so welcome! I put together this information section in hopes that it may answer any questions you may have. I currently offer two different types of microblading services as mentioned below, and they both include a free consultation to ensure client satisfaction. I look forward to hearing from you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions you may have.
Microblading Initial Service - $325.00
Semi-Permanent tattoo hair strokes applied to your brow area to create the best looking semi-permanent eyebrows for your face.
Microblading + Shading Initial Service - $350.00
Semi-permanent tattoo hair strokes are applied as listed above; then I add a soft shading effect towards the arch and tail of the brow to create a bolder look. This technique creates a look of natural hair eyebrows, with a softly shaded backdrop.
Your initial service includes a free 15-minute consultation, customization of your brow shape and a brow match color selection.
4-6 weeks touchups are $100 and MUST be scheduled no longer than 8 weeks after your initial appointment.
Yearly touchups are $250 and are highly recommended to maintain the appearance of your brows.
Tattoo Cover Ups - Over the phone and in person consultation is required.
To schedule your appointment, please text (512)-591-4188.
What is Microblading?
Microblading, also known as Eyebrow Embroidery is a procedure categorized under permanent makeup, but unlike traditional cosmetic tattooing, it is less invasive and is considered semi-permanent. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type and skincare routine. The procedure is done by using hand and shading tools with ultra-fine needles, and each mimicked hair is gently etched into the skin, giving an incredibly natural and realistic look. Microblading can dramatically correct or fully reconstruct lost eyebrow and is excellent for those wanting to enhance their brows or who have little to no eyebrows, thinning brows from age or over-tweezed brows. Pigments used are chosen to match the natural or desired brow color, and skin tone will also be taken into consideration.
How long does it take?
For the first microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 2-2.5 hours. During this first session, I will shape and style the client’s brows, go over the shape and my suggested color selection for client approval. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
The client is to come in for a follow up visit to have any minor necessary touch ups. This is VERY important for maximum results. The second Microblading session takes place after 4-6 weeks after the initial session. This session will take approximately 1.5-2 hours to complete.
How long does it take to heal?
The eyebrow area will be slightly red after the procedure and color will appear very dark, this is normal for the procedure and part of the healing process. The color will fade by up to 40% as it heals. In the following days, the eyebrows will continue to be dark, and you will notice slight scabbing. DO NOT pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the microbladed area. The eyebrows will lighten up in color as it heals. No downtime is required after the microblading procedure. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in. You'll notice the color is very light right after the two weeks after healing; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as the milk skin and is common in tattooing. This is due to the tissue still healing from the inside out even though the surface of the skin is healed. True color will reveal itself once healed.
Is the touch-up session necessary?
YES! A touch-up session after 4-6 weeks is necessary as everyone heals differently and the outcome will vary. Certain areas may not pick up during the first session and will need to be refilled. Pigment color may need to be adjusted, brow thickness and more strokes can be added. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch-up session as the oils tend to lighten the pigment. Most importantly, your touch up session is when we refine your brows to ensure it looks perfect and retains the color for the whole year!
Can I get my touch up session sooner than 4 weeks?
Touch up sessions should not be done earlier than 4 weeks after initial microblading session as pigment color has not fully settled into the skin. Most importantly, this is to prevent scar damage as the tissue requires time to completely heal.
Is it painful?
The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Before the procedure, I will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area and also reapplied during the procedure. Everyone responds differently to anesthetic; depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as light scratches to not feeling anything. Topical anesthetics used may contain lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine, and epinephrine.
After the procedure, redness and slight swelling in the area is normal. Clients describe the area feeling like a light sunburn. Clients can take Tylenol but not aspirin or ibuprofen.
How long does it last?
Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade over time. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age (youthful/mature). Skincare routine will also affect the lasting effect of the pigment: patients who tan, uses products with AHA or Glycolic Acid with fade faster as your skin will resurface faster. Each Individual's color retention within the skin will vary. To maintain the color and shape of your brows a touch up is suggested every 12-18 months. Clients can let the microbladed area fade over time, but please note a slight shadow may remain.
What are the pre and post care procedures?
To achieve the best results, it is best to follow the pre and post care instructions.
Before your procedure, clients are advised of the following:
• Avoid caffeine, alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 72 hours.
• Avoid tanning so we can assess your natural skin tone.
• No face scrubs or chemical peels at least two weeks prior.
• Feel free to come in with their brow makeup on so I can see the everyday look you prefer. Reference pictures of shapes and colors of brows are always welcomed. We will then work together to create the perfect brows!
After your procedure, clients MUST follow these instructions:
• Within 2 hours after the procedure, clean brows using a q-tip and lightly moisten with distilled or cooled downed boiling water. Gently wipe away the old healing balm and any lymphatic liquid (clear yellowish liquid) that may have built up. Lightly pat dry with tissue and using a new q-tip, re-apply healing balm to the brows.
• Make sure to apply a light layer of healing balm morning and night to brows for at least 5-7 days.
• Do not over apply healing balm.
• Do not immerse brow area in water for 14 days. When showering, make sure to avoid face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
• Do not put makeup on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. The microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
• Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
• Brow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and will start to scab over lightly. Do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation.
• Do not go swimming, tanning or into saunas for at least 14 days.
• No face scrubs or chemical peels at least 2 weeks after.
Who is not suitable for the procedure?
Microblading is not suitable for the following candidates:
• Using Accutane
• Have heart conditions or using heart medications
• Have diabetes (will require a physician's note)
• Have skin disease or irritations
• Have had Botox in the last 2 weeks
• Have gotten a deep tan or chemical peels in the last 2 weeks
• Allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
• Anyone who has any severe medical conditions may require a physician's note.
• Not recommended for pregnant or nursing clients. If you are pregnant or nursing, please discuss a recommended cleared time with your physician.
Also, when looking around for artist please make sure they are qualified, and educated on the process.
I know this is lengthy, but all the information is worth knowing. Again, if you have any further questions please let me know.